Sale by Auction
This method involves an intense marketing campaign over a specified period of time (usually 3 to 4 weeks) with all the benefits of a private sale plus a few added advantages.
- Straight forward and uncomplicated Sale
- Pressure is placed on the purchasers to place competitive offers
- The property is offered at terms and conditions set out by the owner
- A sale on or prior to the fall of the hammer provides an unconditional contract and the buyer must pay a non refundable 10% deposit meaning your property is SOLD
- There is a fixed start and finish to the marketing campaign
- Auctions are usually held on site making the buying decision far more emotional one often leading to exceptional prices well above the reserve
Sale by Private Treaty
This method of marketing is advertising a property at a specific price. To ensure the maximum price is achieved, the price is usually set higher than market value. You are unlikely to get more and there is the risk of losing prospective purchasers who will not inspect the property because they may consider it over-priced.
This method invites offers from all parties enabling you the vendor to consider closely purchasers terms in regard to finance, building reports etc. The key to a successful sale in this method is setting the right asking price which your agent can help you with… Also, as there is no target date and the pressure is not placed on purchasers to act quickly, however this method of sale is the most commonly used within the NT as it is comfortable for both the seller and the purchaser.
This method involves listing your property without any form of media marketing. Buyers of our database are introduced to your property.